Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Photographer Interview: Barry Seidman

This Weeks Feature Artist: Barry Seidman - Photogrpaher




Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I have been a member of the international photographic community for over three decades-as commercial photographer, artist, and award winning television commercial director. I was educated at Pratt Institute in New York and spent several years as an Ad agency art director My work has contributed to numerous award-winning national as well as local advertising campaigns.
I have exhibited in solo and group shows. My work is held in many public and private collections.




What brought you to Florida?

My wife and a BMW


Do you have a favorite place in this huge world of ours?

Other than where I am right here and right now, No. My wife and I have been around the world more than once & I still love coming home.

Did you go to school to study photography?
No

How long have you been a photographer?
Over 4,000 advertising photography assignments

How would you describe your photography style?
An illusion of simplicity.







Is there a place on the web where folks can see your work & purchase prints?

www.barryseidman.com/fineart and give the studio a call 561 630 5745

Do you have a blog?
No, but I do have some bling.


What type of cameras do you shoot with?

Hasselblad with a Leaf 32mp digital back and a Nikon DSLR

How important is Photoshop in your final images?
From 1-10 it’s about a 32


Is there any other technology involved in your final images?

I guess the biotechnology of my eyes being connected to my brain




Are you a MAC or PC lover?
What’s a PC?

How do you feel about cropping an image?
I can crop with the best of them. Cropping can make all the difference

What inspires your images?
We all look at thing differently; I have the ability to show you how I see.

Do you have a favorite photographer?
No comment





Do you have some upcoming events we should be aware of?

April 14th Free Lecture at Palm Beach Photographic Celmatis St. WPB
May 13 Lecture at Norton Museum's Art after Dark
Now-Until May 12 “Bloomers show” at The Florida Stage in Lantana
May 12 thru mid June Art-chi-textures at the Florida Stage
June 10th Multiple sins at the Lighthouse Center for the Arts in Tequesta

No comments:

Post a Comment